Interesting Day
Today's Micro II lecture was solemn. Was on Disease and Disaster where deteriorating conditions after a disaster that leads to an epidemic. By the way the lecture was presented, I would think that it's not so much on microbiology. The microbe side of the lecture is minimal and she emphasized more on the humanitarian responses towards area of disaster. However it was an interesting lecture that was carried out. Showed me another perspective towards disasters and the consequences during and after the trauma besides the outbreak of diseases. One of the pictures on the slide presentation showed the accessibility towards medical facilities in a first world country and a third world country. The difference was obvious.. See how tubes are connected to the patient from the modern equipment and how in developing countries medical care was attended.
The Great Difference
It is saddening to see the great difference between the two photos. It also makes me wonder if there are other ways to resolve this problem totally? I know the population is large and education on proper healthcare was given but why doesn’t the message on the importance of sanitation and stuff get spread among the people. But as long as medical treatments are delivered, be it in developed or developing countries, we should be content with what we are given.
This is what I felt after lecture today.. Maybe when I go do more research on it, I can give myself a more agreeable answer to this. Alright.. I need to sleep after last night’s improbable act to finish writing a report , correcting some mistake made in bioinfo assignment and going through this extremely long day. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment